Skip to content

Housing Allocations Covid - 19 Update

In response to Government advice regarding the coronavirus outbreak and the need to stop all non-essential contact, we have reduced our mainstream allocations’ service whilst these temporary restrictions are in place.

Further information is available on the Housing Options and Homeless Services page.

Applying for Housing

To apply for a Council property you have to be 16 or over and complete our application form.  We also have an application guide that gives help on filling in the form. 

You can apply by completing the online Housing Application Form.

If you have a permanent or long lasting condition or physical disability, which is made worse by your current accommodation, you can apply for points by completing a Medical Needs and Disability form. We have a medical guidance for applicants, which sets out the grades and criteria we use in assessing your application.

The application form asks you to choose areas and types of properties you are interested in. When you are choosing your areas and house types, it is important to look at the stock information listed below.  This will show you our total housing stock in each area and by apartment size.

Alexandria stock information

Dumbarton stock information

Clydebank stock information

If you require assistance please contact your Housing Officer for the area that you live in.  If you live outwith West Dunbartonshire please contact a member of the Ward 4 Team (Clydebank). Alternatively you can E-mail us.

You can also use the links below for further information

Did you know?

We also advertise some of our available properties online.  These can be found on the following rental portals: