West Dunbartonshire Council is planning to spend over £40 million this year to continue investment and improving its housing and local estates. The investment will enable the Council to maintain its commitment to meeting the Scottish Quality Housing Standard and the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing.
In addition to this, it supports investment in connection with Landlord Obligations, Health & Safety and supporting regeneration and New Build Council Housing.
Current improvement projects:
- Kitchen renewals
- Bathroom renewals
- Central Heating Installations
- Door Entry components
- Environmental Improvements such as common paths, bin areas, common walls and car parks.
- Window & Door renewals
- External Insulated Render works
- Roof Renewals
- Special Needs Adaptations
Councillors’ have also further agreed to invest circa £36 million in 2021/22 and £40 million in 2022/23.
In 2020/21, we plan to:
- Improve 200 homes with new external insulated render.
- Improve 350 homes with new central heating systems.
- Improve 330 homes with new roof coverings.
- Improve 450 homes with environmental improvements.
- Improve 360 homes with window/door renewals.
- Improve 100 homes with kitchen renewals.
- Improve 100 homes with bathroom renewals.
Over the last 3 years, the following works were completed:
- Over 1100 properties have been improved with new central heating systems.
- Over 900 properties have been improved with render or roughcast renewals.
- Over 1100 properties have been improved with roof renewals.
- Over 400 properties have been improved with kitchen or bathrooms renewals.
- Over 400 properties have been improved with window/door renewals.
- Over 1800 properties have been improved with new safe paths and back court improvements
- Over 200 properties have been improved with new improved bin storage.