West Dunbartonshire Council is planning to spend over £40 million this year to continue investment and improving its housing and local estates. The investment will enable the Council to maintain its commitment to meeting the Scottish Quality Housing Standard and the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing.
In addition to this, it supports investment in connection with Landlord Obligations, Health & Safety and supporting regeneration and New Build Council Housing.
Current improvement projects:
- Kitchen renewals
- Bathroom renewals
- Central Heating Installations
- Door Entry components
- Environmental Improvements such as common paths, bin areas, common walls and car parks
- Window & Door renewals
- External Insulated Render works
- Roof Renewals
- Special Needs Adaptations
Councillors' have also further agreed to invest circa £50 million in 2023/24.
In 2022/23, we plan to:
- Improve 300 homes with new external insulated render
- Improve 500 homes with new central heating systems
- Improve 200 homes with new roof coverings
- Improve 250 homes with environmental improvements
- Improve 300 homes with window/door renewals
- Improve 200 homes with kitchen renewals
- Improve 150 homes with bathroom renewals