The Crescent, seen here to the south of the railway line, was a terrace of houses reputedly designed by Alexander "Greek" Thomson. Built by speculators and financed by the City of Glasgow Bank, it was never completed. It was destroyed during the Clydebank Blitz in March 1941.
Dalmuir Station was opened in 1858 on the Glasgow, Dumbarton & Helensburgh line. On 5 November 1960 Sir Brian Robertson, Chairman of the British Transport Commission, and Glasgow's Lord Provost, Dame Jean Roberts, inaugurated the famous blue train service after the electrification of the former GD&H line.