Introduction to Word Processing
8 Weeks course 2 hours per week. FREE of charge
Looking to enhance your computer skills and progress beyond being a beginner? this course is ideal for someone in a club or committee looking to help with the secretarial side of the organisation, or improve there general typing and letter writing skills for job applications.
All of our Quest courses are flexible and student-driven, however the following areas will be covered on the course:
- Introduction: Learn the essential keys on a keyboard and how to set out and type a standard letter.
- Formatting: Using different fonts, font sizes, bold, italic and underline.
- Enhancing documents: Colour will be used to format fonts and highlight text.
- Editing: Use the cut, copy and paste features and use the undo and redo facilities.
- Tables: Inserting tables to display data or to use as an aid to layout.
- Adding borders and colouring the rows and columns.
- Tabs: Learn how to use tabs effectively and discover what the ruler at the top of the page is for.
- Mail Merge: Setting up and using Mail Merge to send letters to multiple recipients or for labels.
Where and When
For information on dates, times and locations, please see our latest Quest timetable
Applying for a course
You can apply online or in any of our public libraries.