Our libraries all have computers available to book for free please check with individual libraries to find out how many they have and what software they have. Most computers will have the following specification
- Microsoft Office: (version 2016 ).
- Free broadband Internet connection: 80Mbs - 100Mbs bandwidth, planning enhancements for our slowest remaining connections.
Book a computer
Once you have joined a library and have a library card and PIN, you will be able to book a computer (reservation system).
Book a computer
To access a computer in the library:
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you are a member but unsure of your PIN, please ask a member of staff who can retrieve this for you from the system.
Bookings can be made either:
- Online reservation system (need your library card number and PIN)
- Telephoning a library - booking over the phone.
- If a computer is free manually log in.
- Asking a member of staff to book a computer session for a specific date and time.
Basic Instructions - Booking a Library Computer On-Line
If you know the PC number, you can go straight to it and log in. Your name will be displayed on the screen. Enter your membership number and pin code to log on.
- Your initial booking is for one hour, although you can now extend your reservation time by 30 minutes intervals at a computer if no future bookings have been made on that computer.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, your booking will automatically be cancelled and the PC will become available for another user.
- In the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is a green coloured countdown clock showing you how long you have left.
- When you have 5-minutes remaining you will be alerted to save any outstanding work and then again at 1-minute warning that you are going to be logged out.
It is your responsibility to save or print any work so please give yourself time within the session to send documents to the printer and save your work other wise it may be lost.
- To finish your session early double-click the 'Logout' icon on the desktop. Please be aware that information saved to the computer will not be erased and it is your responsibility to erase personal information before logging out.