There are many ways that your local Housing Officer can assist you.

West Dunbartonshire Council provides a comprehensive Housing Operations Service currently working in ward teams throughout the local authority area. 

The Assistant Housing Officers and Housing Officers have broad roles and provide assistance and advice if you are applying for housing within West Dunbartonshire and also deal with multiple aspects of your tenancy such as:

  • Access to and allocating housing
  • Tenancy and Estate Management
  • Arrears prevention
  • Identifying appropriate support needs

What does this mean for you?

There are many ways that the Housing Operations team can assist you, for example your Assistant Housing Officer can help you apply for a house, and provide you with advice on what areas and types of housing are available for you to consider. 

The Housing Officer can provide assistance and advice with tenancy and estate management related enquiries and will also be able to help you if you are struggling to pay your rent or require help accessing support services. 

Contacting Housing Operations

There are many ways to contact the Housing Operations Team. 


  • 01389 737661
    (Monday – Thursday 9am to 4.30pm, Friday 9am to 3.30pm)
  • You will have four options to choose from, 1 for repairs, 2 for waiting list enquiries, 3 for housing operations Alexandria/Dumbarton and 4 for housing operations Clydebank.
  • If you require a face to face office appointment, we can arrange this for you via contacting our duty telephone number above.
    • All office appointments will be in Church Street offices, located at 16 Church Street, Dumbarton, G82 1QL.


Please be aware that we may not always be in a position to provide an immediate response to your enquiry but aim to respond within 48 hours.

Changes of circumstances

If you have any changes to your circumstances or household it is important that you notify us to ensure we have an up to date record of the change and the details of all of the people living with you and to also ensure your rights as a tenant are protected. 

Please complete the change of circumstances form

Housing Repairs

Information on repairs to a Council housing is available in the Maintenance and Repairs section.

Housing repairs should be reported directly by using one of the following methods:

Complete the repairs reporting form (2-3 minutes)

Or please:

For out of hours emergency repairs:

  • Free phone 0800 197 1004

For gas central heating breakdowns or faults:

  • City Technical 0333 202 0708

If you have an escape of gas:

  • National Grid free phone 0800 111 999

Neighbour complaints

If you wish to make a complaint regarding anti-social behaviour please:

  • Telephone the ASB helpline 01389 772048