Sheltered Housing Forum
If you live in one of the Council's nine sheltered housing complexes there are opportunities for you to meet with your housing officer and home care organiser to discuss any issues you might have about your home, the complex you live in or your environment.
Tenants are also invited to get involved in our Sheltered Housing Forum. The Forum meets regularly with Council staff, and provides you with an opportunity to obtain information and influence decisions that affect the management of your home and the delivery of services for all sheltered housing tenants.
The Forum's objectives are:
In representing the interests of all WDC sheltered housing tenants to:
- contribute towards the development and review of sheltered housing policy and services
- contribute towards the development of new sheltered housing service standards
- participate in the monitoring and review of standards and services provided to sheltered housing tenants
- investigate scrutiny options which can be tailored to the services provided to the sheltered housing complexes
- receive the same tenant participation updates as other WDC representative tenant groups
The time and venue for Forum meetings are flexible, and determined by tenant representatives. Meeting usually take place every two months on a Wednesday afternoon. Venues for meetings rotate around each of the Sheltered Housing Complexes.
If you would like more information you could speak to your Sheltered Housing Supervisor or contact the Tenant Participation Team.
Sheltered Housing Forum Minutes: