Dalmuir Park was opened in 1906 within the grounds of Dalmuir House. It was extended into the upper area when Overtoun Road was built in 1910 and shortly after the park was enclosed by Edwardian styled fencing. As a result of the Dalmuir Park Restoration Project this fencing was restored in 2012.
Recreation was a key aspect of the Edwardian park layout. The original area of the park was extended by 12 acres due to donation from wealthy local residents of Regent Street. On this new parkland, tennis courts were built in the1920s on the site of the present games courts and a putting green was laid out on the site of the present bowling greens. These bowling greens were added in the early 1950s